Registered Massage Therapy is the assessment and treatment of the soft tissues and joints of the body by hands-on manipulation to relieve the effects of stress and injury on the body. Massage therapy has a therapeutic effect and improves health and well-being by acting on the muscular, nervous and circulatory systems. There is also the obvious benefit and importance of reducing stress and relieving pain. Massage therapy also has a direct effect on connective tissue by removing restrictions and adhesions which helps muscles to perform optimally.
By encouraging the body's own healing processes, massage therapy helps reduce healing time from injuries and is also an excellent form of preventative health care.
Benefits of Massage Therapy:
- Assists in recovery from injuries (sprains, strains, whiplash and lower back dysfunction)
- Stimulates the body's natural healing processes
- Relieves the effects of stress
- Effective in managing fibromyalgia, scoliosis and multiple sclerosis
- Decreases muscle tension
- Improves blood & lymph circulation
- Helps maintain or increase joint mobility
For more information or to book a Massage Therapy appointment please contact NHRC at 289-362-3600